Mathml March Meeting
This is a report about the Mozilla March IRC Meeting (see the announcement here). The topics of the meeting can be found in this PAD (local copy of the PAD) and the IRC log (local copy of the IRC log) is also available.
This month happened the 30th Annual International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference that had a few talks about math and MathML, see a selection at the end of this post.
Rendering Example Collection
When developing and testing one platform that will use MathML, e.g. Wikipédia, is difficult to know how MathML will look on different environments, e.g. Firefox with fonts, Firefox without fonts, Chrome with fonts, Chrome without fonts, ...
Frédéric worked in many bugs at Gecko.
How to Help
- Setup a collection of HTML pages with MathML to be screenshoted. You can start with the examples linked at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=897065.
|2015/07/13-17||Conference on Intelligent Computer Mathematics (CICM)||http://www.cicm-conference.org/2015/|
Appendix: Interested CSUN talks
- Enabling Math: Web, Word & PDF, Emerging Solutions & Overcoming Issues
- Math ML Support in JAWS 16
- Latest Developments in Accessible Math in Browsers
- Development of a Math-Learning App for Students with Visual Impairments
- Intuitive New Tools that Make Mainstream Math and Graphics Accessible
- Creating the Most Accessible Book in the World
- Rubber Hits Road: Test Results for Accessible Browsers and Authoring Tools