MathML November Meeting
Sorry for the delay to write this.
This is a report about the Mozilla MathML November IRC Meeting (see the announcement here). The topics of the meeting can be found in this PAD (local copy of the PAD) and the IRC log (local copy of the IRC log) is also available.
Yes. Our December meeting was cancelled. =(
I’m thinking in how get more people involved with MathML and increase the non programmers user base of MathML (probably get more involved with Mozilla’s WebMaker Project).
In the past months we had try use WebRTC based solutions for video conference but I’m not 100% sure that it is the best option right now because:
- it requires more bandwidth,
- it only support a very limited number of user at the same time,
- it isn’t recorded (or people can avoid to participate on it because of it will be record).
I don’t want to ask contributors to install/use proprietary software neither create a account in some server. That’s was the reason that we aren’t going to use Google Hangout or Skype.
I will try find if Mozilla can offer us a toll-free numbers for the meetings.
Bot at #mathml
The Latter plugin is enabled and you can used it to leave a message to someone when he/she is offline (he/she will receive the message the next time he/she join our channel).
I’m also thinking in enable Bugzilla plugin.
If you want another plugin enabled get in touch.
Some progress was made with font Inflation and automatic font installation due the work of, in alphabetic order, Frédéric Wang, James Kitchener, Karl Tomlinson, Robert O’Callahan and Ryan VanderMeulen.
Firefox’s 10th Aniversarry
- “MathML was introduced in 1998 as the first application of XML” [W3C] so MathML is 16 years old.
- MathML Project at Mozilla started at the begin of 1999 so we already have 15 years.
- MathML landed at the end of 1999
- The First International MathML Conference happens in 200.