GSoC: Pencil Down (August 11 - August 17)
This is the last report about my GSoC project and cover the thirteenth week of “Students coding”.
At this last week I worked at the auto capitalization and deployed a land page for the project: http://r-gaia-cs.github.io/gsoc2014/.
Bellow you will find more details about the past week and some thoughts about the project as a hole.
The default keyboard has auto capitalization. This was one small feature that I want to add to the project before it end and is done.
Taking with my mentor he suggest that I wrote a land page for the project. I wrote it and add animations for each feature of the keyboard.
What’s cool about this summer
- Working with bleed edge technology.
- Learn more about Firefox OS.
- Build my own Firefox OS (Gecko + Gaia) and flash it.
- Collaborate with the core team of one app from Gaia.
- Work with something that people use.
- Have another GSoC project to “compare” with
What’s not cool about this summer
- Rebase my patch queue at the begin of every week makes my patch queue broke some times.
- Get a little help from UX team would help a lot.
- Rudy and Tim helped a lot but if some of their advices as made at the begin something probably will be different
- The merge/release date of Firefox match the begin and end of GSoC.
What to highlight the help of my mentor, Salvador de la Puente González, Timothy Chien and Rudy Lu.