MathML April Meeting
This is a report about the Mozilla MathML April IRC Meeting (see the announcement here). The topics of the meeting can be found in this PAD (local copy of the PAD) and the IRC log (local copy of the IRC log) is also available.
In the last 4 weeks the MathML team closed 13 bugs, worked in others 7 and open 2 new ones (this are only the ones tracked by Bugzilla).
The next meeting will be in May 15th at #mathml IRC channel. Please add topics in the PAD.
Do you know that the object of research of some people are Mathematical User Interfaces?
Some of them you will be at MathUI 2014 9th Workshop on Mathematical User Interfaces and hope that some folks of the MathML Team too.
The deadline for submission of works is May 15th, you still have one month.
And I submit my demo to MarketPlace.
Firefox OS Tablet Contribution Program
I, Anuj and Frédéric will be part of the Firefox OS Tablet Contribution Program. We will receive a tablet with Firefox OS in the next couple of weeks to check for bugs (including MathML related).
If you have interest, please wait for news that we will publish as soon as we get the tablets.
Among the contributions of the team we had:
- Anuj Agarwal convert gOperatorTable to a modern hashtable;
- James Kitchener solve the issue with dotless i’s and j’s in mi and rtl mtable padding;
- Others fixes/patch review/bug report by Andrew McCreight, Daniel Holbert, Frédéric Wang, Jesse Ruderman, Karl Tomlinson, Khaled Hosny Robert O’Callahan, Ryan VanderMeulen.
How to help - newcomers
- Translate part of MathML documentation to your mother language. You can find more information in this documentation status page.
How to help
- Need to document 4 bugs for Gecko 28 and 29.
- The patch for MathML in Wikipedia still need some review. If you know PHP please take a look at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/projects/mediawiki/extensions/Math,dashboards/default.