LaTeX Course at Semat
In the new three days I will be teaching a little of LaTeX to some undergraduate students at 2nd Semat (page in portuguese). Bellow I give more informations of how I have planned the course.
In each day the class will start at 14:00 and end at 15:15. For each day I planned to split it in five rounds of 15 minutes. In each round I will teach some topic, give a example and let the students change the example.
The first day will be guide by the concept map below.
- Round 1.1
- The students will be ask to draw a concept map of LaTeX that can be used for change the next class.
- Round 1.2
Introduction about TeX and LaTeX with some history backgrounds.
We will use TeXworks as the LaTeX IDE and some explanations about the graphic user interface will be give with some examples of TeX and LaTeX code.
- Round 1.3
Base on the previous example of LaTeX will be explained:
- Round 1.4
- Informations about paragraphs, line breaks and fonts will be give here.
- Round 1.5
How to get help is very important when learning something and the below links will be inform:
The second day will be focus in (La)TeX math mode and guide by the concept map below.
- Round 2.1
- Introduction to the in-line math mode and some operations.
- Round 2.2
- Introduction to more operations and symbols.
- Round 2.3
- Introduction to amsmath package and the display math mode.
- Round 2.4
- When using display math mode a nice feature of LaTeX is the cross reference tools that will be show here.
- Round 2.5
- This will be reserved as extra time.
The third and last day will be guide by the concept map below.
- Round 3.1
- How to insert a table.
- Round 3.2
- How to insert a picture.
- Round 3.3
- Introduction to TikZ.
- Round 3.4
- Introduction to TikZ node feature.
- Round 3.5
- The students will be ask to draw a second concept map of LaTeX that can be used for get what they learn.